|Isle of Iona, Scotland|
|Claire in Saint Colombo's bay marveling at the rainbow of pebbles on the beach.|
|Orion's Chapel Taize service|
Communing with the pilgrims that ventured along side me to this sacred island began to transform me. Each story, the exclamations of awe and hope, breaking bread together, singing as loud as we could, wandering, cooking, skinny dipping, completing our chores, breathing really deep, worshiping, dancing, having a pint, weeping... It was here that I realized that the kingdom I've was taught could exist is already happening. I sailed right to it and wandered around it, but it was not the glorious Isle of Iona. The Kingdom was the community that was touching my life forever. We came to that island seeking an awakening and being of a similar heart and mind we did find it. We were all on board and were richly blessed by one another there. When it was time to leave I did not mourn; I was ready to return to the daily life I had chosen. I was grateful.The lessons of this experience were going to go with me and I was anxious to put them into practice at home.
|Iona Community Ceilidh|
Ally's Rules of Life
1) What makes you laugh and enjoy life? What is there to celebrate?
2) What nourishes your body? mind? spirit?
3) What relationships are important to you?
4) How do you keep community with God at the moment?
5) What things help your spiritual journey?
6) What things hinder your spiritual journey?
7) What practices would you like to include in your life daily? weekly? monthly? annually?
|Jacki and Claire: today's photography by Jacqueline Harp|